16th Annual NWTF Youth Art Contest
Get out your pencils, crayons and paint; The NWTF is accepting entries in its youth art contest. This year's art subject will be the wild turkey.
All winning artwork (1st - 4th in each age group) will be displayed at the 2013 NWTF National Convention and Sport Show in Nashville, Tenn., and in the Winchester Museum. You do not have to be present to win.
Click here to download an application for the 16th annual NWTF Youth Art Contest.
Group A: Ages 6-8
Group B: Ages 9-11
Group C: Ages 12-14
Group D: Ages 15-17
- Parents can't help. Image must be originals only, no tracing. Size needs to be at least 8" x 10" and no larger than 16" x 22"
- You can use any flat media such as crayons, pencil, ink, paint, etc. (whatever you like). Entry should be on poster board, mat board or canvas (no notebook paper)
- DO NOT frame or mat entry
- DO NOT fold entry
- DO NOT sign the front of the entry
- Entries will be judged by staff at the NWTF headquarters. All winning artwork (1st - 4th in each age group) will be displayed at the 37th Annual NWTF Convention & Sport Show in Nashville, TN.
- Winning entries may be displayed at the NWTF headquarters for approximately 6 months.
- Prizes will be sent approximately 4 weeks after the convention.
- Please protect charcoal or chalk entries with shrink wrap or a comparable material to keep from smudging.
- Must be a JAKES member to participate. To join click here.
- For artwork to be returned, you must include a $7 check or money order for shipping and handling cost. Multiple entries from one address need only send $7 for return of all entries.
27th Kansas Governor's One Shot Turkey Hunt winner –Chandler Nusz
Entering is easy. Simply write an essay explaining why you hunt. Follow the guidelines below, and you and a chaperone could be the next winners of the 27th Kansas Governor's One Shot Turkey Hunt in EI Dorado, Kan.
- Essays must be 500 words or less.
- All entrants must be JAKES or Xtreme JAKES members
- Entrants must include a copy of their current hunter safety certification
- Entrants must be 12 to 17 years old
- All entries must be neat and easy to read
- All entries must have a title page with name, birth date, address and phone number
- All entries must include a photo of the entrant suitable for publication (i.e. school photo)
- All entries must be postmarked by Dec. 1, 2013
Prize includes hotel, airfare and expenses for the JAKES member and one adult chaperone to El Dorado, Kan.
Send entries to:
Attention: Kansas Essay Contest
P.O. Box 530
Edgefield, S.C., 29824