Update Your Info
Many states have found great benefit in appointing a central authority to administer and distribute JAKES information. Currently, 24 state chapters have JAKES coordinators and several have appointed state scholarship coordinators to keep up with the growing demands of their program.
The advantages of appointing a state coordinator center around improved communication. State coordinators are better able to distribute information coming from the national office and more familiar with the needs of local chapters.
The JAKES program is growing by leaps and bounds and staff members at the Turkey Center are constantly trying to provide a better program for our youth, an effort often results in the development of new programs, products and activities or changes to existing programs or processes in the JAKES program. Improved communication is the key that allows us to serve our youth and hard working volunteers. Through utilization of NWTF regional directors, JAKES staff at the Turkey Center and development of state JAKES chairs, the information needed to provide quality JAKES programs in every local chapter is readily available. If you are a new local/state JAKES coordinator please contact Mandy Harling at (800) THE-NWTF and have your address added to the NWTF JAKES mailing list for information updates. If you are a former coordinator and would like to be removed from the list please update this information as well.
State Level Coordinators:
- Encourage local chapters to appoint a local JAKES coordinator
- Make sure their state is represented at the national meeting of JAKES coordinators at convention
- Host a meeting for JAKES coordinators from local chapters in the state to keep them informed of local JAKES events, share new ideas for events and develop and promote new ideas to increase JAKES membership and programs
- Participate and represent JAKES in state leadership meetings
- Make sure they are on the NWTF mailing list for state JAKES coordinators and notify the NWTF of any changes
- Provide guidance and mentor contacts for local chapters hosting first JAKES events
- Work with the state chapter president to promote the use and delivery of the Wild about Turkey Education Boxes and the NWTF Academic Scholarship program to schools within the state
- Promote and host at least one youth hunt within the state per year
To update your personal information as a JAKES coordinator, fill out the following form.