Cajun Mardi Gras Wild Turkey Breast
Summer is the perfect time to get together with friends. This dish will have everyone asking for the recipe.
- 1 pound bacon, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- Cajun poultry seasoning, as needed
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 (2-pound) boneless turkey breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
In a large, heavy skillet, add bacon and sprinkle it with Cajun seasoning. Fry until crisp. Drain, discard grease and set aside. In the same skillet, add 1 tablespoon of butter, and sauté the chopped onion until tender. Remove onion, and set aside. In a large bowl, combine turkey, 2 tablespoons of oil, Worcestershire sauce and more Cajun seasoning. In the same skillet, heat remaining butter and oil until sizzling. Add turkey, bacon and onion. Sauté until turkey is brown and tender. Serve entree over rice. The dish yields 4 to 6 servings.