Easy Target Holder
These handy and inexpensive target holders are perfect for patterning turkey loads, sighting in scoped rifles or practicing with your pistol.
Materials: (4) 2-inch PVC “T” sections, 7-foot section of 2-inch PVC.
- Cut 7-foot section of pipe into the following pieces: (4) 12-inches (feet), (4) 4-inches (upright holder) and (1) 20-inches (crossbar).
- Assemble feet and crossbar as shown in photograph.
- Insert foot section at each end of crossbar and twist into position.
- Insert two 6-foot long, 1-inch by 2-inch furring strips for upright posts.
- Staple or clip cardboard backing to each furring strip.
- Center paper target on cardboard and affix with staples or tape.
Tip: Drill a 3/4-inch hole all the way through from the top of both foot sections. Through these holes, drive 12-inch long landscaping spikes or rebar into the ground to prevent the target stand from tipping on windy days.
Tip: Don’t glue the PVC pieces together. This allows you to replace damaged pieces as necessary.