With summer in full swing lets talk about ways to elevate your grilling game. Wild turkey has a very mild flavor so bumping it up with rich and deep flavors pairs so well. This is one of my favorite homemade bbq sauces, a sauce that pairs well with all birds and red meats. With summer BBQ’s and pool parties, impress your friends, family and even yourself with going beyond the store bought.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-natural ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup favorite brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes ( optional )
- In sauce pan bring bourbon to boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, this will burn off the alcohol and leave the flavor
- Add remaining ingredients, whisk together, bring back to boil.
- Reduce head and simmer cooking 30-40 minutes, stirring frequently so not to burn.
- Once sauce has reduced, remove from heat and chill
- Sauce will keep in fridge for a week, but I doubt it will last that long.
— Jeremiah Doughty