For this delicious Korean-style meal, you can use nearly any meat, be it venison harvested this past season or beef you picked up from the grocery store. If possible, avoid poultry. The key to this recipe is the marinade, because all the onions, garlic, scallions, soy sauce and sesame oil used for a marinade cooks with the meat, leaving a very delicious sauce in the pan.
Okay, I’ll stop yammering and get to it, but one last thing, make sure your meat is cubed or sliced (use photo for size reference).
- 1 large onion 5 cloves garlic1-2 large scallions
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 lbs choice of meat 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup of uncooked rice (yields 2 cups of cooked rice, add more if you are really hungry
- Dice onion, mince garlic and slice scallion(s),
- Cube or slice meat and place into a large plastic bag, adding soy sauce, sesame oil and veggies.
- Marinate in fridge for about four hours
- Cook rice
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat
- Empty all content of plastic bag into skillet
- Cook until meat is done to one’s taste preferences.
- Serve over top of rice, top with sauce left in pan