Trout season is in full swing across the U.S., and here in California, they are hitting flies and bait like crazy. Many folks have freezers full of this delicate and delicious fish. Here is a simple and flavorful dish that is sure to have everyone asking for more.
Skillet Lemon & Brown Butter Trout
- 2 Trout fillets with skin on
- 2 Lemons, sliced thinly
- 3 Sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 Sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Over medium to high heat, melt butter
- Add rosemary, thyme and lemon slices
- Place trout skin side down, basting with butter for 1 min
- Add olive oil, continue basting 5-6 minutes until trout is flaky
- Remove from heat, let rest 5 minutes
- Plate trout, drizzle with pan browned butter and top with lemons.