The undisputed fast-food twitter king is well documented. In fact, they are so well known, we need don't even need to mention their name when showcasing this copycat spicy sandwich.
It's a simple, yet quite tasty, sandwich that will tingle your taste buds and have you ready to bring the heat down on your own social media trolls.
1 turkey breast
2 cups of flour
½ tablespoon garlic powder
½ tablespoon onion powder
½ tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon black pepper
2 teaspoon salt
3 heaping tbsp cayenne pepper divided (2 for flour mix, 1 for egg wash)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1. Clean turkey breast, portion out to sandwich size cutlets (yielding three to four depending on the sizxe of the turkey breast) and completely dry meat.
2. Mix flour and seasonings in a bowl, and in a second bowl, crack eggs and whisk in cayenne.
3. Coat cutlets in flour first, then egg, then a final dredge in the flour mix. (the cutlets should already have a reddish color to the breading)
4. In a medium pot, add enough peanut oil to keep turkey from sitting on the bottom of the pot and heat to 350-375 degrees.
5. Drop turkey in the fryer and cook until golden brown. Note: Keep oil from overheating to ensure meat isn’t overcooked. Once done, place on plate with paper towel to dry excess oil.
6. In a separate pan, or under the broiler, lightly toast the brioche buns.
7. Assemble sandwiches. Bottom bun, spicy wild turkey cutlet, lettuce, tomato, mayo and then the top bun. Repeat for remaining sandwiches
8. Serve while still hot.