Recently, many folks have asked me about turning wild turkey into breakfast sausage. I used my go-to recipe and took it a step further to make a delicious breakfast burger. Breakfast burger you say? Yes... Egg, cheese, sausage patties on a bun equals breakfast burger baby!
Wild Turkey Breakfast Burger
Wild Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- 1 pound wild turkey
- 1 pound pork shoulder or fatback
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground Marjoram
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Grind together turkey and pork meats
- Mix in remaining ingredients and allow mixture to rest in the fridge for 6-12 hours
- Take meat out and form in to patties (you can also stuff to make links)
- Cook in a skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink
- Burger buns
- Homemade sausage patties
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp garlic paste (just mash your own raw garlic)
- Salt & Pepper
- Cook sausage until no longer pink
- Crack one egg into a skillet and cook until your desired doneness
- Mix garlic and mayo, spread on burger bun
- When the patties have cooked, add cheddar cheese slices and remove from heat.
- Start to build your master pieces, bun, garlic mayo, patty, cheese, egg, avocado followed by that last bun.
This recipe can be used on any wild game meats for homemade breakfast sausages.