1-2 pounds Wild Turkey, ground
2 cups mixed veggies, frozen, canned, fresh
1/2 onion, minced
2 tbsp oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon rubbed sage
1 teaspoon cracked pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tsp tomato paste
1 cup turkey or chicken broth
2 teaspoons rosemary leaves, chopped
1 tsp thyme
2 Tbsp flour
2 cups mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In large skillet or dutch oven heat oil, add onions and sauté until soft, add garlic and cook additional 2-3 minutes
- Add ground turkey meat and season with sage, rosemary, thyme, pepper and salt. Cook until turkey. When turkey is cooked, sprinkle with flour and mix.
- Add tomato paste, broth and Worcestershire. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes
- Add veggies and cook additional 3-5 minutes
- In baking dish or skillet add meat mixture and top with fresh mashed potatoes
- Bake 15-20 minutes until mash is begins to brown.
- Let sit 15 minutes and serve.
— Jeremiah Doughty